visited 44 states (88%)
Buy Douwe's Machine Learning Book

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

When the alarm went off this morning I thought about not getting out of bed…that will never happen.  I got up and got ready.  I was curious so I turned on the TV to check the weather…not to bad this morning: 8 mph NNW wind, 19 degrees, wind chill of 8.  All in all a decent morning for a run.  Got to Kristin’s and we headed out only to turn around a block later to pick up Jodie.  Now that we are all together (wife is at home in bed…bad calf cramp in the middle of the night) we head out on a nice run.  The first mile was a nice 8:53 pace…a little too fast for me first thing in the morning but I am running with the girls.  Mile 2 there was little let up on the pace…my only saving grace was that at 2 miles Kristin said she needed to catch her breath so I recommended that we walk a little bit.  Once we turned around we got right back on pace but with the walking the 3 mile pace was 10:33.  Jodie and I teased Kristin about her pace…”I’m so tired”…but then she is 20 feet out front pushing the pace.  We started out the fourth mile at an 8:45 pace and it only got faster from there.  We ended mile 4 at an 8:18 pace!!  Total for the day was 4.17 miles at a 9:05 pace.
 

No comments: